Personal Contact Detail :
Phone: (615) 726-5430
Practice Areas :
Wage and Hour
National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Litigation
National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Elections
Litigation (State and Federal)
Labor and Employment Law
R. Eddie Wayland
R. Eddie Wayland has been a partner at King & Ballow since 1984 and supervises the Firm’s Litigation Section.
Mr. Wayland has successfully argued before the United States Supreme Court and before numerous federal and state courts of appeals. He has litigated hundreds of cases to conclusion before judges, juries, arbitrators and administrative agencies in 35 states throughout the country.
Mr. Wayland concentrates his national practice in the representation of management in all areas of Labor and Employment Law and related litigation. He represents companies in a number of various industries throughout the United States. Mr. Wayland also represents numerous transportation industry clients and for over eight years has served as General Counsel for the national Truckload Carriers Association. Mr. Wayland’s professional awards and recognition include the following:
* Mr. Wayland has been designated “AV Preeminent,” which represents the highest level of professional expertise and ethical conduct, and is the top ranking by Martindale-Hubble attorney ranking service.
* For 20 consecutive years, Mr. Wayland has been being listed in the nationally recognized, attorney peer rating book, The Best Lawyers in America, in the areas of:
- Employment Law;
- Labor Law;
- Labor and Employment;
- Transportation Law; and
- First Amendment Law
* Mr. Wayland has been listed in every edition of the book, Chambers U.S.A. – America’s Leading Business Lawyers
* The national The American Lawyer magazine has recognized Mr. Wayland as one of the “Top Lawyers” in the country for excellence in Labor and Employment Law and related litigation.
* Mr. Wayland has been named as one of the Tennessee’s top lawyers in every edition of Super Lawyers magazine and was designated as one of the State’s top 100 lawyers in the magazine.
* Business Tennessee magazine selected Mr. Wayland as one of the top 150 lawyers in the State of Tennessee.
* Mr. Wayland was selected as “Best of the Bar” by the Nashville Business Journal and the Memphis Business Journal.
Mr. Wayland frequently speaks and presents seminars throughout the U.S. on legal topics, including labor and employment issues. He also provides in-house training in these areas. He has twice been selected Chairman of the Labor and Employment Section of the Tennessee Bar Association and was founder and editor of the TBA Labor Letter. Among his publications, Mr. Wayland was co-author for, Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance Guidebook, and was a contributing author for, The Developing Labor Law.
Mr. Wayland is admitted to the Tennessee Bar and before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Courts of Appeals, for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits. His practice areas include State and Federal Court Litigation, Employment Law, Discrimination Law, Labor Law, Transportation Law, First Amendment/Media, Construction, Entertainment/Copyright, Wage and Hour Law, NLRB Litigation, NLRB Election Campaigns, Union Contract Negotiations, Arbitration and Mediation.
Mr. Wayland received his law degree from the University of Tennessee College of Law. He graduated Order of the Coif, with high honors, and served as Articles Editor for the Tennessee Law Review.