Protecting Documents and Conversations: Pointers for Attorneys and Employers on How to Maintain the Attorney/Client Privilege and Work Product
Thursday, December 18
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. CST; 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PST
Approved for 1 Hour of Ethics CLE; Approved for MCLE Credit; Pending HRCI Credit
Employers and Attorneys have an interest in protecting privileged documents from the hands of others – especially when a lawsuit has been filed. There are practical things both attorneys and employers can do in order to protect their conversations and documents from discovery. In this webinar, we will discuss some of the situations where both attorneys and employers can take steps to protect the information they share. Our discussion will include:
• Privilege & Work Product – What is it and what does it cover?
• Emails – How should they be shared and stored?
• Investigations – How involved should the attorney be?
• Conversations – Who should be included?
• Inadvertent disclosures – Do we lose the privilege?
• Conflicts – Can the attorney represent both the Company and a Supervisor?