Tackling Tough ADA Questions
Thursday, December 17
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. CDT; 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PDT
Pending approval for 1 Hour of CLE; Approved for MCLE Credit; Approved for for HRCI Credit
The Americans with Disabilities Act is one of the hardest employment laws to administer. Not only is an employer prohibited from treating someone differently because of a disability – but they are also required to make reasonable accommodations. This webinar will tackle some of the most common questions employers have when dealing with employees with disabilities.
We will discuss recent case law involving:
- Who is disabled?
- What does it mean to regard an employee as disabled?
- Who is a qualified individual?
- Does an employee have to be able to perform the essential functions of the job?
- When is attendance an essential function?
- When is job reassignment or a low-stress position a reasonable accommodation?
- Does an employer have to accommodate drug and alcohol use?